Friday, June 10, 2011

Flowing with the Rhythm of Grace

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me."


"Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace."
(Matt. 11:28-29)


"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display His craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make Him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world."
(Psalm 19:1-4)



"God has made a home in the heavens for the sun. It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding. It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race. The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end..."
(Psalm 19:5-6a)



"The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all His creation."
(Psalm 145:9)



"Father, may all YOUR dreams come true. I don't want to get in the way or hinder You from fulfilling any of the plans You had for me when you dreamed me into being."
(Robin Jones Gunn, Sisterchicks in Sombreros)



"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."
(John 14:27)



"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
(Isaiah 40:29-31)



"I came to love You late, O Beauty, so ancient and new; I came to love you late. You were within me and I was outside where I rushed about wildly searching for you like some monster loose in your beautiful world. You were with me, but I was not with you. You called me, you shouted to me. You broke past my deafness. You bathed me in your light. You wrapped me in your splendor, you sent my blindness reeling. You gave out such a delightful fragrance, and I drew it in and came breathing hard after you. I tasted, and it made me hunger and thirst. You touched me, and I burned to know your peace."
(Saint Augustine)



Note: All pictures were taken by me on my recent vacation to the beach and Disney World.

No comments: